With Windows Phone 7 Mango, it’s now possible to use a custom ringtone.
However, you have to know how to do this because simply transfering any mp3 to your phone is not going to work. There are some constraints….
Your ringtone has to be:
- a .WMA or .MP3
- max 1Mb in size
- about 30 sec. long (don’t know the correct length, but if you keep it below 30sec, it will definitely work)
- Connect your phone to your PC
- Load the ringtone to the folder where it’s picked up by Zune.
- In Zune, right-click the ringtone and select Edit.
- In the Genre field, type “Ringtone”.
- Transfer the ringtone to your phone
On your phone, go to Settings => Ringtones + Sounds en there you will find your custom ringtone.